I have one daughter, Josie, who is an Occupational Therapist in Kansas City.
Favorite Verse –
All of Psalm 8 and
“This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:9,10
- AA from St. John’s College in Winfield
- BSE from Emporia State University
- MLS from Emporia State University
- Colloquy from Concordia University, Seward Nebraska
Awards / Achievements –
I was hired by the state to help write the 6th grade reading portion of the Kansas state assessment test, which was used in the early to mid 80’s. I have been a presenter at the District Professional Workers’ Conference numerous times. I was one of the first to serve on the Kansas District NLSA and QPA accreditation committee. I was a KAIRS Distinguished Teacher of the Year.
Professional Goals –
To assist students:
- in carrying out the “Great Commission”
- in reaching the highest standards possible in Lang. Arts
- in becoming caring, confident, and independent
Sipping tea while reading a good book; going to movies; traveling; running; being outdoors