Welcome! Thank you for taking the opportunity to visit our site and learn more about Holy Cross Lutheran School.
We love our school and think you will too. We’ve been striving to provide comprehensive, educational instruction to children for over 50 years and continue to do so today. Our approach is to encompass the whole growth of a child –
- and spiritually
as they mature.
Doing so allows us to prepare our graduates to thrive in all aspects of their lives.
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Listen to these families as they share how they feel about having their children at Holy Cross.
We encourage you to explore our site and contact us if you have any questions or would like to visit our campus.
Choosing a school home for your child is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. Please let us know how we can help you in that mission and may God bless you in your search
Glance at our Year
- Our school calendar is a traditional 9 month school year
- Classes are from
- 8:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. / Kdg – 8th Grade
- 8:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. / Preschool full day
- 8:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. / Preschool morning
- 12:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. / Preschool afternoon
- 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. / Daycare mornings (only available with Preschool enrollment)
- 3:15 to 6 p.m. / Daycare afternoons (only available with Preschool enrollment)
- Our school calendar follows closely to USD 259
- We have a
- 3 day Thanksgiving break (Wednesday – Friday)
- 2 week Christmas break
- 1 week Spring Break that falls in line with public school in our area
- You can find our annual calendar here.
- Parents contact the school to request information packet be sent to them and set up a personal tour of the facility.
- An interview with the principal, parents and the student(s) is scheduled.
- Enrollment Applications for Preschool thru 8th Grade are submitted along with the registration and exam fees if applicable.
- Entrance exam is scheduled for students entering K-8.
- Transferring students submit current transcripts (or most recent grade card) and standardized test scores.
- Letter of acceptance is sent once approved.
- Tuition and all other fees are submitted and a start date is determined.
- Jr. Kindergarten
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
Learn more about our Curriculum by clicking here.
The State of Kansas mandates the entrance age of kindergarten for all state accredited schools. For that reason all early childhood entrance ages are based upon the kindergarten age. These entrance ages are:
- Preschool 3: Must be 3 yrs old by August 31st of the school year (OR pass developmental screening)
- Preschool 4: Must be 4 yrs old by August 31st of the school year (OR pass developmental screening)
- Junior Kindergarten: Must be 5 by December 31 of the school year (OR pass developmental screening)
- Kindergarten: Must be 5 yrs old by August 31st of the school year
Tuition & Fees…
Holy Cross Church members who pledge to tithe through regular Sunday contributions are not charged tuition. Members, who do not choose to tithe, pay a reduced tuition rate and the congregation assumes the balance as its commitment to Christian education. Holy Cross Lutheran Church accepts this obligation willingly as part of its ministry and service to God. School families who are not members of Holy Cross congregation are charged a tuition rate that covers the costs of education tempered by market factors. All tuition payments are due in full on the first of each month.
For better efficiency and confidentiality, we are now using an online financial aid processing company, Confidential Financial Services CFS. Families who want to apply for financial aid will need to go through this company. There is a $40 fee associated with this process which includes access to financial well-being instructional videos, useful for budgeting and stewardship. The deadline to apply is May 1. Go to www.cfslogin.com and enter our school code 11124. Please contact Kent Hoyer at 316-684-5201 if you have any questions.