Welcome to the Preschool / Extended Day Care of Holy Cross. Holy Cross is a school where many new things are learned, friends are made, and families grow together in Christ. We hope that your experience here with us is a great beginning for your child’s future education.
Our preschool program offers three-hour sessions enhancing your child’s time spent learning. Our goal is to develop each child’s God-given talent and potential to the fullest. Our lessons teach children how to become responsible Christian adults in our community. We nurture and encourage spiritual, academic, physical, emotional, and social growth.
In short we offer exposure to cultural activities through:
various types of music
And…Holy Cross Preschool / Day Care parents know
that their child is learning and growing in a Christian environment where the child:
*learns that he/she is a special child of God
*learns about living and playing among others
*learns about Jesus Christ, his/her Savior and friend
Holy Cross Lutheran School admits students without regard to race, sex, color, ancestry and national origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, ancestry or national origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.
Description of Services
Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool/Day Care Center offers a quality Christ-centered program. All programs are age appropriate.
New Beginning in the Fall of 2015
- Day Care is offered from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday for 3, 4 and 5 year olds.
- A Preschool program is offered for children turning 3 years old by August 31 (OR Pass developmental screening – please schedule with the office) from 8:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. with options for Tuesday/Thursday; Monday/Wednesday/Friday; or Monday through Friday enrollment.
- A Preschool program is offered for children turning 4 years old by August 31 (OR Pass developmental screening – please schedule with the office) from 8:15 a.m. to 11:15a.m. with options for Monday/Wednesday/Friday; or Monday through Friday enrollment.
- A JR Kindergarten program is offered for children turning 5 years old by December 31 (OR Pass developmental screening – please schedule with the office) from 8:15 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. with the option of staying for only ½ day. This program has only a Monday through Friday enrollment.
- Supervised lunch and care until 1:00 p.m. is available for 3 and 4 year olds with the choice of the child bringing their lunch or taking part in the school’s hot lunch program.
- An extended day program is offered for 3 and 4 year olds from 11:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This includes supervised lunch, nap, quiet activities, outdoor play, and free choice activities. There is an additional charge for this program and for the hot lunch program. Junior Kindergarten students can also take part in the day care program from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. for an additional charge.
All programs follow the Holy Cross Lutheran School calendar. This is a nine-month program. The Preschool and Day Care will be closed on days the school is closed including school holidays, in-service days, parent/teacher conference days, and for inclement weather. No transportation is provided to or from the facility.
Check the information boards outside the classroom door daily. Each week the teacher will send home a glance at the following week. Each month the director will send home the Preschool Newsletter outlining what the children will be learning, what you can do at home to enhance learning, and other important early childhood information. The school office emails a weekly newsletter. Look for the HC Headlines Newsletter each Tuesday of the week. Conferences with the teacher may be scheduled at anytime. Parent/Teacher conferences are required in the fall and in the spring.
Before a child can begin care in Preschool or Day Care, the school must have on file the following forms:
- Enrollment Form
- Physical Form which includes an immunization record signed by a physician
- Emergency Release Form
- Pick-up Authorization Form
Meet our teachers
Mrs. Lisa Bittle